I was often ask where to find information about what I do in English language. After returning from RootsTech 2016 in Salt Lake City I start this special section of my blog to give you more information how I can be – hopefully – supportive for you.
1. Lecturing, Keynotes, Talks
In more than three decades of family history and genealogical research I have quite an expertise that I can present to those who are interested to hear. It is „Genealogy from the German Point of View“. I can give you the perspective to learn more about Germany and how genealogy is organized here.
You can invite me for lecturing, giving keynote speeches and talks. Just get in contact via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Here you can find some lectures I give:
01) Understanding Germany, Yesterday and Today (History, Politics, Culture)
02) The structures of the organized genealogy in Germany
03) Primar and secondary sources on genealogy in Germany
04) Archives, libraries and institutions for genealogical researchers in Germany
05) Research trip activities and examples in the ancestral home village
06) Surnames can lead you through history
07) Which questions to ask to best further your research
08) Introduction to heraldry and coats of arms
09) The German-American Genealogical Partnership (GAGP) and its perspectives
10) Special topic: Plan your legacy
11) Special topic: Worldwide surname research
12) Special topic: Genealogical research in the Harz mountains
If you are interested in more topics just get in contact with me. For special events I also give keynote speeches and talks.
2. Supporting and promoting GAGP
In 2015 the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft genealogischer Verbände (DAGV) and our dear colleagues at the Germanic Genealogy Society (GGS) in Minnesota have formed the German-American Genealogical Partnership (GAGP) (siehe http://www.forum-familiengeschichte.de/gagp/). I will support and promote this wonderful project to bring together Germanic researchers on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. GAGP is growing – and celebrating e.g. the Sacramento German Genealogy Society (SGGS) as biggest partner society.
Many Americans want to find their German ancestors and relatives. I can help you in planing the visit of ancestral homes additional to your private travel plans. I can advice you in organizing family reunions and projects to share and to make others interested in family history. I can also help you in making contacts to societies, institutions and media in Germany.
I can help you in starting surname research on detailed and concrete examples. Please understand that I do not do any genealogical research but I can get you in contact with experts in the DAGV societies or professional genealogists.
For more information just get in contact via email@example.com .